The Ford Amphitheatre is closed for major renovations, but that doesn’t mean you will have to miss out on fun summer activities like the Ford’s popular JAM Sessions.
This year, the free, interactive experiences will take place in a variety of locations around Los Angeles:
- Old Town Newhall, Main Street between Market Street and 6th Avenue
- Lopez Adobe, 1100 Pico St., San Fernando
- Las Palmas Park, 505 S. Huntington St., San Fernando
- San Fernando Recreation Park, 208 Park Ave., San Fernando
- Phoenix Hall, 10950 S. Central Ave., Watts
- Hacienda Heights Community Center, 1234 Valencia Ave., Hacienda Heights
- Rowland Heights Community Center, 18150 Pathfinder Rd., Rowland Heights
- Downtown Pomona, 2nd Street between Thomas and Main streets
The lineup includes a diverse selection of performers covering a range of styles and cultures. This month, for example, there will be African dancing June 4 in Newhall and June 19 in Watts, and you can do some cumbia dancing June 6 in Hacienda Heights and square dance June 13 at Rowland Heights Community Center.
Visit www.FordJAMSessions.org for full details.