The founders of OT Studios, which opened in July, believe that every child deserves to live life to the fullest, regardless of their challenges.
Here is what you and your child can expect to find at the facility:
- Highly trained and qualified therapists
- Sensory integration, occupational therapy and speech therapy services
- An intimate and creative atmosphere! A fun studio space and perfect setting to work on motor and sensory development
- Quality over quantity. A maximum of two to three children are treated within the space per session, which ultimately provides less distraction, allows treatment to be administered in an intimate environment and still includes the socialization element necessary for peer play
- State-of-the-art sensory equipment
- A spacious and beautiful setting that is adorned with trees, flowers, butterflies and bees to provide an outdoor-garden-like experience.
- Comprehensive assessments catered specifically for your child, fully compliant with all occupational therapy practice standards.
The clinic was founded by Reema Durrani, an occupational therapist who received her MA, OTR/L from the University of Southern California. Her goal in starting OT Studios was to design an intimate and creative space where she could pioneer the latest in occupational and speech therapy in a new era of needs. Durrani is passionate about working with children, and applies a creative approach, tailoring development techniques to each individual child.
Durrani grew up in London, and moved to L.A. to attend USC, where she received her bachelor’s degree in psychology and went on to do her masters in occupational therapy. She started her career in an inpatient hospital setting, where she affirmed her passion for sensory integration, going on to receive her SIPT certification.
During the pursuit of her SIPT certification, Durrani created the ‘SensoKids’, four animated characters that each represent a sensory system. The audio/visual, proprioception, tactile and vestibular systems are each represented as a SensoKid. Sensory Integration plays a major role in pediatric occupational therapy, and ‘SensoKids’ are at the root of her new, proprietary approach to understanding sensory experiences. Non verbal children can find it helpful to have visual representations of what they seek. ‘SensoKids’ enable them to identify sensory input using the characters. Durrani also developed informational videos using ‘SensoKids’ as a tool for educating parents. Creating them was a huge motivating factor in her decision to open OT Studios, where she could combine her creativity with special-needs therapy.
All OT Studios therapists are all highly trained, with experience in pediatric occupational therapy and in providing the latest and most effective therapy. They are one big family with the goal of providing treatments rooted in genuine care and concern for clients’ well-being.
OT Studios is located at 7300 W. Sunset Blvd., in a plaza on the corner of Fuller Avenue and Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood. There is plenty of parking in the plaza and readily available metered parking on the street. The practice accepts private clients as well as most health insurance providers. A detailed list of insurance providers accepted, as well as contact information, can be found online at www.otstudiosla.com.