If you’re a busy parent who appreciates quality restaurant food at family-friendly prices, you’ll want to know about Stonefire Grill, a family-owned restaurant chain with seven locations in L.A. and Orange counties.
Known for their mesquite BBQ chicken, cracked pepper garlic tri tip, lemon garlic salmon, made-to-order pizzas and an array of healthy salads, the restaurant has introduced several new items focusing on lean meats and vegetarian options:
- Slow Roasted/Hand Carved Turkey: Traditional (red leaf lettuce, cranberry sauce or cranberry whole grain mustard, mayo, whole-grain bread), Italian (shredded lettuce, mayo, tomato, red onion, mozzarella cheese, Dijon mustard vinaigrette, French roll) or Turkey Salad (chopped celery, green onion, dried cranberry, red leaf lettuce, whole-grain bread)
- The Caprese : Smashed grape tomatoes, homemade pesto, fresh mozzarella, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, wild arugula, toasted ciabatta
- Roasted Cauliflower Pita: Roasted Cauliflower, Lemon Tahini, chopped tomato, green onion, spicy Cilantro-Serrano Sauce, Jerusalem pita
Entrees, Sides and Salads
- Shrimp: Fresh lemon, olive oil, garlic, chili flakes and chopped parsley served with quinoa
- Whole Roasted Cauliflower: Topped with Lemon Tahini and chopped parsley, served warm
- Cauliflower Salad: Chilled mix of roasted cauliflower, Lemon Tahini, chopped tomato, green onion and Spicy Cilantro-Serrano Sauce
Justin Lopez, whose mother, Mary Harrigan, and aunt, Maureen, founded Stonefire Grill in 2000, is the mastermind behind these new offerings and happens to be a vegetarian. How have the new veggie and quinoa dishes faired at this “meat and potatoes” restaurant? Sales of the new items have quickly outpaced many of the favorites.
“It wasn’t long ago that foods like kale and quinoa were only known to the health food crowd,” says Lopez. “Today, you are starting to see such items appear on the menus of mostly boutique restaurants. In the fast-casual genre, Stonefire Grill is taking a leading role in introducing such foods to the general public and the response so far has been overwhelming.”
My family’s new favorite? Keen Green, introduced last year – a blend of fresh spinach, pesto and quinoa with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, avocado and Parmesan cheese of which my meat-eating brood can’t get enough. Oh, and save room for the fluffy blueberry cheesecake. Yum.
To find a location near you, visit www.stonefiregrill.com.
Click here for more Community News!