It’s Pumpkin patch in Los Angeles time in October, but sometimes you can’t find one when you need it. Here are four worthy destinations for pumpkin picking and seasonal excitement.
Underwood Family Farms: The Underwood family’s 20th annual Fall Harvest Festival offers plenty of pumpkins, along with giant hay pyramids, a corn stalk labyrinth, the sling shot and corn cannon. Themes include Antique Tractor Weekend Oct. 14-15 and Wild West Weekend Oct. 21-22.
- 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Sept. 30-Oct. 31
- 3370 Sunset Valley Rd., Moorpark; www.underwoodfamilyfarms.com
- $6 weekdays, $15-$20 weekends; additional fee for some activities
Forneris Farms: At the farm’s Harvest Festival, pick your future jack o’lantern, ride on a tractor-pulled train, bounce around on a Giant Pumpkin Jumper, and attempt to find your way through the big corn maze or the hay bale mini-maze. Pony rides, face painting and a petting zoo add to the action on weekends.
- 1-5 p.m. Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sat-Sun. Sept. 30-Oct. 31
- 15200 Rinaldi St., Mission Hills; fornerisfarms.com
- Free admission; attractions have a fee
Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch: Find tiny to mega-size pumpkins at this long-running Halloween favorite. Besides the gourds, this patch is populated with a Spooky Spider bounce house, giant rocking horses, the Mr. Bones super slide and life-size pumpkin houses. Weekends feature live musical performances.
- 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Sun.-Thur., 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Fri.-Sat. Oct. 6-31
- 10100 Jefferson Blvd., Culver City; www.mrbones.com
- Admission: free on weekdays; $10 adults, $5 children after 5 p.m. Friday nights (except Oct. 6); $15 ages 2 and older Sat.-Sun. Attractions cost extra.
Shawn’s Pumpkin Patch: Shawn has a pair of patches for your pumpkin picking. Both contain a bounty of pumpkins and amusements. La Cienega has the Play Land and train rides, while Sepulveda boasts the mini-roller coaster.
- 9 a.m.-8 p.m. 6-31
- 6815 S. La Cienega Blvd., A. and 3443 S. Sepulveda Blvd., L.A.; www.shawnspumpkinpatch.com
- Free admission; most activities have a fee