Hollywood actors, recording artists and news anchors gathered Nov. 16 to create a charitable assembly line for kids in foster care during the third annual Celebrity Stuff-a-thon at Hotel Angeleno. The event, sponsored by Wells Fargo, is presented by the National Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA), which helps connect parents with the best family products.
NAPPA partners provided the toys, books, music, DVDs and other essentials that went into duffel bags for My Stuff Bags Foundation, which delivers new belongings, comfort and hope to thousands of foster children each year.
“We are so grateful for our toy company partners who donated hundreds of products for this event,” says NAPPA General Manager Julie Kertes. “Of course, we couldn’t have done it without our team of celebrity stuffers, who rolled up their sleeves and worked really hard, stuffing more than 500 duffel bags for kids who might not have anything to call their own.”
Actor, director and producer Leigh-Allyn Baker – best known for her role as Amy Duncan in Disney Channel’s “Good Luck Charlie” and as executive producer and star of the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie, Bad Hair Day – hosted the event.
“It is absolutely heartbreaking to hear what many of these children have endured. To hear their stories really puts life into perspective,” says Baker. “I’m so grateful to NAPPA’s Celebrity Stuff-a-thon and My Stuff Bags Foundation for raising awareness, and I’m honored to join forces with them.”
Care Bears/Just Play
- “Celia the Great – Tricks for Being a Happy Kid” by Abby Jacobs
- Creativity Can/Faber-Castell USA, Inc.
- Doggie Doodles DVD/Riff Rockit
- Hap-Pal Music recording artist Hap Palmer
- Highlights for Children
- Holiday Magic CD by Hap Palmer
- Igor the Monster Making Game/R&R Games, Inc.
- K’NEX Plants vs. Zombies Mystery Figure Bags/K’NEX
- My 1st Career Gear/ Aeromax, Inc.
- Patyon Puppies/ Manhattan Toy Co.
- Pixel Pops /The Orb Factory
- Sandcastle Magic recording artist Ginalina
- Spot It! Games/Blue Orange Games
- Sugar Mountain PR
- “Travels with Gannon and Wyatt: Botswana” by Patti Wheeler and Keith Hemstreet
- Wikki Stix Co.