By Elena Epstein
Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day we have this dye free pancake recipe from model turned wellness entrepreneur and cookbook author Catherine McCord, co-founder of meal delivery service One Potato and the founder of the popular Weelicious brand.
Prep Time: 5 mins Cook Time: 10 mins
(makes 16 pancakes)
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. In a blender, combine the spinach, buttermilk, egg, and oil and blend until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
3. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
4. Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter or oil.
5. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, making as many pancakes as will fit and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Flip the pancakes and cook for one minute longer and serve.
*Mixture can also be used in a waffle iron following manufacturer’s directions.
For more St. Patrick Day recipes from Catherine check this Green Mac and Cheese!