Niagara Bottling, a family-run beverage company launched in 1963, in partnership with National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA), the nation’s leading advocate for parks and recreation, has announced the nine finalists for the 2023 Perk Your Park Project, and Las Flores Park in LaVerne is among the finalists.
Members of the public are invited to select their top three parks to receive a grant. Each recipient will receive a $75,000 grant toward a park refresh. The submission period ends Sept. 18.
The Niagara Bottling Perk Your Park Project empowers communities to enhance their local parks, creating vibrant outdoor spaces for families to enjoy. By partnering with local municipalities and organizations across the country, Niagara Bottling is committed to investing in sustainable initiatives benefiting the environment and promoting healthier lifestyles.
Since 2016, Niagara Bottling and NRPA have perked 17 parks, giving $2 million in grants to date. Through the Perk Your Park Project, they have made park dreams come true by focusing on improving access to community spaces, nature, and healthy living in under-resourced communities.
Following a nationwide call for park nominations, Niagara and NRPA have selected the following finalists:
● Lancaster City Park, Lancaster, Texas
● Phoenix Trail Park, College Park, Ga.
● Las Flores Park, La Verne, Calif.
● Fowler Field Park, Douglasville, Ga.
● Rebel Valley Park, Atlanta
● Sara Babb Park, Dallas, Ga.
● Max Starcke Park, Seguin, Texas
● Woodland Park Nature Preserve, Houston
● Beach City Community Building and Park, Beach City, Texas
“The Perk Your Park Project aligns with our company’s commitment to corporate social responsibility and sustainable practices. As an organization, Niagara Bottling is dedicated to environmental stewardship, striving to make a positive difference in the communities we serve. By supporting local parks, we aim to encourage outdoor activities, promote community engagement and create lasting memories for families,” said Ann Canela, director of corporate giving for Niagara.
“The Perk Your Park improvement grants symbolize an invitation for all to come together and bring transformative change to their communities,” said Ayanna Williams, NRPA director of community and environmental resilience. “The parks that receive these grants will have lasting impact, so we encourage everyone in these areas and beyond to select their favorite park to be improved. Through their support, everyone can enjoy the outdoors and all the benefits local parks and recreation bring to communities.”
Past projects include more accessible trails through nature parks, and the installation of interactive exhibits such as bird blinds and outdoor classrooms. For nearly a decade, Niagara has been perking communal spaces, inviting families to play on upgraded equipment, socialize under new shaded picnic settings, and spend time closer to nature.
How to show your support for the 2023 finalists:
● Submit your entry for your chosen project once per day at NiagaraPerkYourPark.com. Polls close Sept. 18, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific time.
● Complete all required fields on the form, including a valid email, and choose the listed Park you believe should receive a $75,000 charitable grant.
● Complete the entry by agreeing to the Official Rules and submit.
Grant recipients will be announced on or after Oct. 20.