L.A. County Parks and Recreation invites families to learn something new this winter, just in time for the new year! The county is offering a variety of virtual and online classes to help you get active, stay healthy and enjoy a new hobby. From yoga and sports to music and arts, there is a class for everyone.
- Game, computer and mobile app programming
- Arts, crafts and scrapbooking
- Parent and child learning classes
- Acting for everyone
- Fitness classes including yoga, Zumba and gymnastics
- Voice classes
- Guitar and piano lessons
- Sports skills and drills (non-contact)
- Watercolor painting and calligraphy
- French, Spanish and Italian language lessons
- Poetry and creative writing
- Psychology and mental health
- Health and wellness
Winter Recreation Classes begin Jan. 11. In-person classes will take place outdoors with COVID-19 guidelines to keep participants safe. Virtual classes provide convenience and the comfort of home.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for In-person Outdoor Classes
The health and well-being of park guests and staff is the top priority. In accordance with LA County Public Health, the following guidelines are in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Participants must maintain 6 feet physical distancing, wear face masks and participate in a temperature check before each in-person class.
- Participants should not attend if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, chills, muscle pain, headache, vomiting and diarrhea.
- No parents/guardians or guests will be allowed in the programming space to reduce contact with others.
Check out the Winter Recreation Classes and register for an activity at reservations.lacounty.gov.
Follow LA County Parks on social media: Facebook @parks.lacounty.gov and Twitter/Instagram @lacountyparks. Share your experience using #LearnSomethingNew at #LACOUNTYPARKS.