The official start of the 2020 summer season is here at L.A. County parks, and the county is celebrating July as “Parks Make Life Better” month to highlight splash pads, swim beaches and recreation trails sure to draw families this year.
Working with the Department of Public Health, the county has developed COVID-19 health procedures to help everyone stay safe. L.A. County Parks offers a variety of recreational activities and amenities that promote physical activity and wellness.
- Splash Pads are a summer favorite with colorful play areas located at 18 parks. Opening July 9.
- Swim Beaches are a perfect place to relax and refresh along the scenic shorelines of lakes at Frank G. Bonelli Regional Park, Castaic State and Santa Fe Dam Recreation Areas. Opening July 9.
- Overnight Family Fishing and Camping events at select regional parks offer an affordable outdoor “stay-cation” for families looking to experience the outdoors without the long drive. Starting July 10, occurring monthly.
- Summer Day Camps offer flexible schedules and free or reduced-cost day camp options at 50 locations for ages 6 and up. Currently accepting registration.
- PAD In Motion is a new twist on Parks After Dark with an “open streets” concept. Starting July 16 at select parks.
- Drive-In at the Park takes the movie theater outdoors at Castaic Lake with double features every weekend through August.
- Trails and Natural Areas remain open for active recreation, such as hiking, walking, and running, with physical distancing required.
For a complete list and details, visit the 2020 Summer Fun website.
LA County Parks continues to offer free online programming like the Parks From Home virtual recreation center for all ages and Our SPOT virtual for teens.
For the complete list of COVID-19 guidelines and more information on reopening efforts and other changes, visit the LA County Parks website.