Thanksgiving is here and planning is in full effect! While being a full-time parent, planning your holiday dinner can be daunting. TheSoulPublishing — one of the world’s most popular creators of positive short-form video content — has some quick and easy food recipes that are great for last-minute.
These recipes are kid-friendly and are unique enough to make it look like you’ve planned this dinner for weeks. They are sure to compliment the turkey and traditional sides while sprinkling some extra sugar and spice to your dinner table:
- Join the tomato feta craze, but make them into bites! Many people have tried the viral feta pasta at least once. Bring them back as an appetizer this Thanksgiving. It’s quick, easy and delicious! Using a pie crust, lay it out flat and add cherry tomato halves on the crust about 1.5 inches apart. Then, top the tomatoes with feta cheese or your cheese of choice. Add another pie crust on top to cover the tomatoes and cheese and use a circle shape to cut the pie crusts into pieces. Add into a pan of oil, fry and enjoy!
- Are your kids picky eaters? These special breaded chicken nuggets make a great alternative to a slice of turkey for the kids and are a fun appetizer for the adults. To prep, pick your favorite potato chip and crush it into bits. Then, slice skinless chicken breasts into strips and add to a bowl with barbeque sauce. After, drop a strip one by one into the bag of crushed potato chips and mix it in until it’s fully coated. Lay the strips on a baking tray and bake until cooked through. Once that is done, set it up on a beautiful serving plate with barbeque dipping sauce in the center and serve!
- Blueberry pinwheel puffs are sure to be the family’s favorite; in fact, you might have to make double! Create equally shaped squares with the dough and slit the corners, leaving a small gap around the edges and in between each corner. Add in the cream filling of your choice along with the blueberries and fold in the corners. Top the center with another blueberry, place in the oven until golden and let it sit for a couple of minutes to cool off. Top with powdered sugar and serve!
- Homemade Caramel Crème Bowls: Create a decadent and delicious caramel bowl filled with fluffy crème puffs – and top with chocolate! This is a treat that’s (almost) too good to eat. (Full instructions here.)
- Oreo Ice Cream Pops: Is anything better than cookies and cream ice cream? Enjoy this childhood favorite after your Thanksgiving meal with homemade ice cream bars, covered in chocolate and the topping of your choice. (Full instructions here.)
- Mini Cookie Crème Brûlée: This super-easy dessert has only four ingredients, and takes a fraction of the time that it usually takes to make crème brûlée. (Full instructions here.)
- Molten Red Velvet Cake (In a Mug!): Scrumptious molten red velvet cake is quick to make with the help of pre-packaged cake mix, a white chocolate bar, and a microwave. This easy dessert has major “wow” factor! (Full instructions here.)
These last-minute food ideas are customizable based on your family’s preferences and can be used for any occasion. Additional recipes can be found on the 5-Minute Crafts YouTube channel.
Eric Schultz is senior director at TheSoul Publishing.