When I think of airport dining, I think of overpriced and under seasoned prepackaged food. Usually, I try to arrive full or with snacks from home. Fortunately, L.A.’s airport district just gained two dining destinations that might have you brave airport traffic without a flight to catch. Curated by Executive Chef David Blake Clevenger, ShoresLAX and Greenleaf Kitchen & Cocktails at Hyatt Place/Hyatt House LAX features locally inspired dishes like Grilled N.Y. Strip with avocado salad and Seasonal Street Tacos while enjoying sweeping views of downtown L.A. and LAX runways. If you want to try one of their chef-driven dishes at home, check out Chef Blake’s honey glazed salmon recipe.
- 1 salmon
- 5 oz quinoa
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper mix (kosher salt and ground pepper)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and canola oil
- 4 tablespoons Bok choy
- 4 tbsp mandarins
- 0.5 oz spinach
- 3 tbsp mangoes
- 1 oz purple cabbage
- 1 lemon wedge
1. Cook quinoa according to package.
2. Brush the salmon with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Pan sear the salmon for 3 minutes on each side, then place in the oven for 5-8 minutes, depending on thickness.
4. Meanwhile, sauté Bok choy and purple cabbage.
5. Add quinoa mix to a bowl and toss with the Boy choy, purple cabbage, fresh spinach, mango and mandarins until spinach wilts.
6. Plate the quinoa mix in center of plate.
7. Place salmon on top of the quinoa and brush with the honey glaze.
8. Garnish with pickled cabbage and mandarin.
8. Finish with one lemon wedge angled against quinoa.
ShoresLAX and Greenleaf Kitchen and Cocktails are located at Hyatt Place/ Hyatt House LAX at 5959 W. Century Blvd.